The Gentle Art of Horseback Riding
By Gincy Self Bucklin
Large format softcover; 256 pages; over 300 photos and diagrams.
Gincy’s newest book is the ideal companion for the new rider and the instructor of new riders in any discipline. Chapter by chapter, image by image, it presents a detailed and easy to follow process for learning to ride through Gincy’s comprehensive method, “How Your Horse Wants You to Ride” which has been developed and tested over 30 years of teaching riders at all levels.
The key to Gincy’s approach is learning to understand and communicate with your horse physically, mentally, and emotionally. In the context of this relationship, The Gentle Art of Horseback Riding teaches:
- Using groundwork to establish mutual trust and respect
- Understanding your horse’s behavior and body language
- Techniques to overcome fear, build confidence and develop a safe, secure seat
- Essential skills, including walk, trot, canter, turns, and transitions
- Handling cross country and hills, jumping, advanced communication skills