The ultimate guide to mastering all the basic skills of the capable and confident rider, presented step by step, in depth and in detail.
In this breakthrough guide, developed over a 60-year career as an instructor, Gincy offers adult riders a unique, proven method for developing a good physical, mental, and emotional relationship with a horse. Whether you’re a beginner, a more experienced rider looking to enhance your skills, or someone who used to ride but is reluctant to try again, these step-by-step exercises–slowly and carefully practiced first on the ground and then on your horse–will have you riding with confidence and without fear. You’ll build a safe and caring partnership with your horse as you:
- Understand how your actions affect your horse
- Improve your form, release tensions, and find balance
- Communicate with your horse to gain his trust
- Stay in charge without being controlling
- Observe your horse’s responses and learn from them
- Increase your horse’s comfort–both physically and psychologically